NNPN STRIVES TO PIONEER, IMPLEMENT, AND DISSEMINATE PROGRAMS THAT REVOLUTIONIZE THE WAY THEATERS COLLABORATE TO SUPPORT NEW PLAYS AND PLAYWRIGHTS.
Our programs are designed to support new play makers on both the organizational and individual level, with opportunities for growth and exposure, and efforts to create an environment that enables the best possible work to be made, shared, and enjoyed.
- NNPN’s flagship initiative, the Rolling World Premiere program, gives playwrights and theaters the rare opportunity to bring a play from development to production in multiple locations across the country.
- The New Play Exchange® is providing a cutting-edge, efficient, and streamlined way for new plays to be discovered and shared.
- The National Showcase of New Plays sets the stage for theater makers, publishers, and agents to experience the new, production-ready work being championed by NNPN Member Theaters.
- NNPN’s Commission programs and Collaboration Fund initiatives bring new work to the world through Member Theater initiatives, theater-to-theater collaborations, and theater-to-playwright collaborations.
- The MFA Playwrights’ Workshop, the National Directors Fellowship, and the Producers in Residence program provide important career-shaping opportunities for diverse annual classes of promising writers, directors, and producers.
- The International Exchange program fosters cultural and geographical consciousness through travel exchanges between U.S. artists and artists abroad.