Associate Membership in the National New Play Network is open only to professional, nonprofit producing entities; professional, nonprofit Festivals which produce public presentations of new plays, and University programs with MFA playwright training programs attached.
Associate Members must also be:
- At least three years old
- Have minimum annual expenses of $50,000 per year
- Demonstrate a commitment to new plays as evidenced by production of at least one new play (defined as a play first produced within the past three seasons) each year for producing entities and festivals, and for universities, as demonstrated by production opportunities for MFA playwriting students
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct within the industry
NNPN Associate Members are required to pay annual dues of $500 per theater.
NNPN's Associate Members help broaden the Network's reach, and disseminate its most important programs, plays and playwrights to every corner of the globe. Associate Members receive the following benefits:
- Participate in Rolling World Premieres, which carry awards of $7,000 per theater (theaters must meet Rolling World Premiere criteria)
- Access to the Collaborative Literary Office, including monthly online Literary Chats, annual in-person pitch sessions, crowd-sourced dramaturgy and Festival Reporting, the Alumni Playwrights' Council, and the Virtual Script Library*
- Invitations for two to the National Showcase of New Plays♦
- Invitations for University-affiliated Associate Member faculty to the MFA Playwrights Workshop
- Automatic subscription to newsletters from NNPN's Executive Director on field trends and important updates
- Membership Listings in all promotional materials and on the NNPN website
*Associate Members will be able to download program archive scripts from all NNPN programs, along with scripts posted by NNPN Core Members and alumni playwrights through the Virtual Script Library. They may also upload scripts to their own Online Reading Room in the VSL, whereby they may share plays with other Associate Members and the Core Members who subscribe to it.
♦Associate Member slots are occasionally limited by host theater size, and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
NNPN is now accepting applications for Associate Membership.
Please send all applications to General Manager Jojo Ruf. Upon receiving applications, staff will ensure eligibility requirements have been met. Once the candidate organization has paid dues, the organization’s Associate Membership will become active. It will expire each year on July 31. Associate Members may renew indefinitely, but may at any time be subject to Core Member review and approval.